#bealight #ghostlightproject #allarewelcome
|Photo courtesy of Mixed Blood Theater.|
- It is safe to be who you are, regardless of race, class, religion, country of origin, immigration status, (dis)ability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Diverse opinions, dissent, and argument are not only tolerated, but invited.
- Active listening and courageous exchange are fundamental values.
- Collective action, activism, and community engagement, both within and outside the walls of the theatre, are cultivated, encouraged, and supported."
- 7th House Theater
- *Augsburg College
- Girl Friday Productions
- Hero Now Theatre
- Impossible Salt
- In The Heart of the Beast
- * Intermedia Arts
- *Lyric Arts
- *Mixed Blood Theater
- MN Theater Alliance
- Moving Company
- Mu Performing Arts
- *The Ordway
- Pangea World Theater
- *Park Square Theatre
- Patrick's Cabaret
- *Penumbra Theatre
- *Pillsbury House Theater
- Prime Productions
- Sandbox Theatre
- *St. Olaf College
- *Stages Theatre Company
- Theatre Latte Da
- Theatre Novi Most
- *University of MN Theatre Arts & Dance
- *Winona Senior High School Drama program
- Young Dance
There's a wonderful piece up on CityPages about the local groups involved, much participation of which has been helmed by Mu Performing Arts' own Randy Reyes; check it out here.
|Photo courtesy of Park Square Theater.|
In Minneapolis, Mixed Blood is hosting a coalition of theater companies and is participating with local businesses to provide specials. 15% of all proceeds from sales at the 7 Corners location of The Republic will go back to Mixed Blood that day, so make sure you stop by if you attend the ceremony. Their full schedule says: "Join us, along with representatives of 7th House Theater and Theater Latté Da at the firehouse beginning at 5:00pm. A brief presentation will occur at 5:25pm with our lights shining together at 5:30pm. Bring your own light source to share in this moment. All those who participate are welcome to then bring their light to the Republic at 7 Corners to further this important conversation."
In St. Paul, the largest gathering will be at Park Square; their schedule includes:
- Gather under the 7th Place Marquee at 5:30 p.m. on January 19
- “Light up” – use your cell phone flashlights or come wrapped in fairy light – to join our ghost light of people
- Turn on the ghostlights in Park Square’s outer vestibule and in the Boss Lobby that will remain on as a symbol of welcome. Park Square will put its DEI pledge next to these lights
- Group sing “We are a Gentle Angry People" by Holly Near.
- Adjourn to Park Square’s Proscenium Lobby for coffee and hot cocoa
- Make the “I am____ I fight for_______” pledge. Notes along with a board for display will be provided
More information on nation-wide plans at theghostlightproject.com.